Friday, March 13, 2009

Sugar Scrub





I decided for my first post to review a natural beauty treatment of my own concoction. This is a sugar scrub which is very simple to make. It takes about two minutes to put together. 

After mixing the ingredients, simply rub your hands together briskly for about 30 seconds and then rinse with warm water. Dry with a soft towel. 

Mix the following in a small bowl:  

  • 2 tbsp sugar (you can substitute sea salt)
  • add enough canola oil to make a smooth paste
  • 2 drops of peppermint oil


I loved this scrub! It did leave my hands the slightest bit greasy until I dried off with the towel and then they were just super soft. The peppermint left them smelling so nice. I had enough left over to do my feet and this worked wonders on my dry winter heels. 

Coming up in My Pretty World
  • Facial wipes or makeup removal pads
  • Avon Lipstick and nail polish







 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the skin care tip, amy!
    I heard from just about all the moms on the net
    that the peppermint agents, can be very refreshing, awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tips I love this i was wondering how this worked and if it really was good
    Diana Sienkiewicz of dianasdeals

    ReplyDelete